Thursday 13 November 2014

Why I made my pre-production

For my pre-production I am making a front cover for a football magazine. I decided to base it on a particular FourFourTwo issue. I decided to use FourFourTwo because it is a popular, famous and successful magazine. It wasn’t the most popular magazine according to my survey but I went with it as most people that answered said they “never” buy a magazine so I didn't really count that. Red is a fairly common feature on my front cover. The the name of my magazine is red because Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal are all widely-supported teams, my statistics from my survey support this. The name is one of the first things you see on a magazine, so if it is the same colour as your team then that might attract you to buy it. It’s unlikely to stop supporters of other teams buying the magazine so it can only be a good thing. The answers from my survey also revealed that most people who buy these magazines will play FIFA 15. With this in mind I included this on my front cover. I think that if people see that the game feature in my magazine then they might be encouraged to buy it. The “puffs” had things that I think would attract customers. One of them was about Gareth Bale winning the ballon d’or. I chose this because some people answered him as the best player in the world. He plays for Real Madrid with Cristiano Ronaldo who people also answered as the best, so I think this would open the audience even more. Furthermore, Bale is very much appreciated by Tottenham fans which would expand the audience again as they might want to find out about him. I also included the “10 richest players in the world”. People are obsessed with money and they might be interested to know who they are. The third puff is about David Beckham. Being a well-known celebrity and playing for some of the biggst clubs in the world Beckham is widley-respected throughout football and the rest of the world. He is a fashion icon and putting him in could attract older customers and maybe females. The other three players mentioned are three of the best in the league. Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero  play for Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City respectively. Again these teams are very well supported but due to the immense qualities of these players I think that most people would be interested by them.The last thing I included was the “73 things Instagram has told us about footballers”. I used this because I think that people would be interested to see what these things are. Overall to attract a big audience I've tried to please many people. Featuring games, popular players and teams with a big fan base I've attempted to make it as appealing as possible. I think that a lot of football fans would be interested by it and might buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment